Departmental string hearings are necessary for the following degrees: BME, BSOF, BM(Jr.), BM (Sr.), MM, and PD. DM and AD programs are heard by the student’s appropriate committee.
1. After the student has discussed his/her recital with their teacher, the student must schedule their recital online.
2. Once the student's program and recital date are approved and the student receives a confirmation email from the recital scheduling office, the student is responsible for scheduling their own hearing. To schedule a hearing, go to https://stringhearings.acuityscheduling.com/. After completing the online scheduling, make sure you receive a confirmation email.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT IT IS THE STUDENT'S RESPONSIBILITY TO SCHEDULE THEIR OWN HEARING IMMEDIATELY AFTER THEY RECEIVE CONFIRMATION OF THEIR RECITAL DATE FROM THE RECITAL SCHEDULING OFFICE***
3. Hearings are normally held on Thursdays 4:15-6:30 and Fridays 4:15-6:30 in MU204. When you sign up online, you will reserve a day for your hearing, but not the exact time. You are responsible for being available with your pianist anytime between 4:15 and 6:30. You will receive an email two days before your hearing with your exact time.
4. In signing up for a recital date, the student must be ready to play the hearing anywhere from 1-14 days ahead of the recital. This information should be shared with the accompanist (or other players) right away, as it is critical that all players be on call for hearings. The student should also contact the recital scheduling office to reserve a dress rehearsal time in the hall.
5. If you have any questions about the hearing schedule process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.