1/4 Syntonic Comma Mean-Tone
- Tune A4 to fork. The number 4 indicates notes in the octave above middle C4.
- Tune A3 to A4. The number 3 indicates notes in the octave below middle C4.
- Tune F3 to A3 making a pure 3rd.
- Tune C4 to F3 making a narrow 5th. 1/4 c. 5ths beat around 2 beats per second.
- Tune D4 to A3 making a wide 4th. 1/4 c. 4ths beat around 2+ beats per second.
- Tune G3 to C4 and D4. Make a wide G3C4 4th and a narrow G3D4 5th.
- Tune E4 making a pure C4E4 3rd and a narrow A3E4 5th.
- Tune B3 making a wide B3E4 4th and a pure G3B3 3rd.
Play chords F3A3C4, G3B3D4, G3C4E4 and make adjustments as needed.
- Tune C3 to C4 making a good octave with a wide C3F3 4th and a narrow C3G3 5th.
- Tune D3 to D4 making a good octave with a wide D3G3 4th and a narrow D3A3 5th.
- Tune E3 to E4 making a good octave with a wide E3A3 4th and a narrow E3B3 5th.
- Tune F#3 making a pure D3F#3 3rd and a wide F#3B3 4th.
- Tune G#3 making a pure E3G#3 3rd.
- Tune Bb3 making a pure Bb3D4 3rd and a wide F3Bb3 4th.
- Tune C#4 making a pure A3C#4 3rd and a wide G#3C#4 4th and a narrow F#3C#4 5th.
- Tune Eb3 and Eb4 making a pure Eb3G3 3rd, a wide Bb3Eb4 4th, a narrow Eb3Bb3 5th and a good Eb3Eb4 octave.
- Tune F4,F#4,G4,G#4 etc. checking 4ths,5ths and octaves.
- Tune C#3,B2,Bb2 etc. checking 3rds, 4ths, 5ths and octaves
Cents, Beats and Frequency Table for 1/4 Syntonic Comma Mean-Tone