Event Scheduling Timeline
The order of event scheduling for each academic year is as follows. The months given are a general guideline for when each step typically occurs, starting in the preceding academic year.
- By the end of April: Composite Calendar
- Musical Arts Center productions: operas, ballets, Jacobs Live at the Movies, etc
- Major Ensemble performances
- Sundays in Auer Faculty Chamber Recitals
- Student Composition Department Recitals
- Pacifica Quartet recitals
- April/May: Conferences/festivals with participants invited from outside Bloomington, and dress rehearsals for Composite Calendar events
- June: All other event requests from faculty/staff, including but not limited to:
- Faculty/Guest Recitals, Lectures, and Masterclasses
- Studio/Class/Department Recitals, Small Ensembles
- Student Chamber Music Recitals
- Concerto Competitions
- Late July or early August: Student degree recitals
- August: Student non-degree recitals and University Student Organization events
Please note the following policies related to events:
- Usage of Auer Hall, Ford-Crawford Hall, and Recital Hall is governed by the Scheduling Policies for Auer, Ford-Crawford and Recital Halls
- Concert/Event Deadlines
- Faculty/Guest Recital Policy
The Performance Coordinating Committee acknowledges that there are certain, exceptional cases where events must be scheduled before the Composite Calendar is completed for the semester in question. Examples of events with these extraordinary scheduling circumstances include fall/spring conferences and festivals with participants invited from outside Bloomington; and memorial concerts/events. For events with such extraordinary scheduling circumstances, please contact the PCC Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is generally limited to events occurring in Jacobs School performance halls (Auer Hall, Ford-Crawford Hall, Recital Hall, and the Musical Arts Center).
Events that do not fall into these categories but have extraordinary scheduling circumstances may be approved by the full PCC, on a case-by-case basis.