Information for Students Beginning a New Graduate Program
Orientation is an important part of your academic program. If you have any questions about orientation or the graduate programs at IU, send an e-mail to email@example.com, call (812) 855-1738, or stop by the Music Graduate Office (JS120).
If an extreme situation prevents you from attending the entire New Student Orientation, contact the Music Graduate Office immediately to ask about your options and the repercussions of missing part of Orientation.
- Click here to pre-register for fall orientation (for students starting their programs in fall 2022)
- IU e-mail and computer accounts
- International student orientation (required for all international students)
- Student responsibility
- Bachelor's in music equivalency
- Transfer policies
What to expect during orientation
- New student orientation schedules
- Advising and registration
- Entrance Examinations (master's and doctoral students)
- Keyboard placement hearing (master's and doctoral students)
- Vocal Diction Exams (for students in Voice, Historical Performance Voice, Collaborative Piano, and Choral Conducting)
Other Jacobs School of Music information
Other items of interest
- Parking permit (can be purchased as soon as you have your IU ID number)
- Student ID card (can be obtained one week before classes begin, during orientation)
- Resources for students
- Campus housing for graduate students
- Student life
- City of Bloomington web site
Direct questions about university financial aid (federal loans and grants) to Student Central (University Financial Aid).