Spring 2024 Practice Rooms
- Practice room reservation requests are submitted to the Scheduling Office via the online Practice Room Scheduling portal.
- Students may submit practice room reservation requests beginning 24 hours after registering for classes in the respective semester for which practice rooms are being requested.
- Information about number of hours eligible to reserve can be found here.
- Information about practice room scheduling policies and use guidelines can be found here.
Piano students may choose to reserve locked Steinway (graduate students) or locked Yamaha (undergraduate students) practice rooms. Note: Collaborative Piano majors are not eligible to reserve locked piano practice rooms.
For Locked Piano Practice Rooms: select a time, building “MA,” and room “Locked Pno” in your online request form.
- To signify to the Scheduling Office that you are interested in locked piano practice rooms, please select room “Locked Pno”. If you select a room other than “Locked Pno,” you will be placed in a standard practice room.
- Once you have submitted your online locked piano practice room request, schedule an appointment with the Scheduling Office:
- Visit https://calendly.com/jsomscheduling to schedule an appointment
- Zoom appointments available: Monday, November 27 - Friday, December 15
- At your Appointment:
- Before the appointment, make sure you have submitted an online Practice Room Request.
- Know your schedule availability (e.g., classes, work, rehearsals, etc.) so you can make your locked practice room time selections based on your schedule. You will not have an opportunity to submit a change request until the second week of classes within the respective semester for which you are requesting reservations.
- The Scheduling Office will confirm your selection requests and provide information about electronically signing the Room Use Agreement and Key Contract Addendum.
- All Locked Piano Major Practice Room reservations require the Locked Piano Practice Room Use Agreement in order to complete your key authorization with the JSoM Office of Operations.
- The week before classes begin, the Scheduling Office will send information about how to electronically sign the Practice Room Use Agreement.
- Once you have signed the electronic Locked Piano Practice Room Use Agreement, then you can go to the JSoM Office of Operations (SM-C039) Monday-Friday between 1:30-4:30pm to pick up your practice room key.