If you wish to initiate the Hire Process for Temporary Employees:
- Complete the
- Submit the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payroll will contact the employee to request the required documents
To comply with IU Policy and Federal and State law requirements, an employee cannot begin work before he or she has completed the necessary paperwork.
It is against IU Policy to offer an employee a lump sum payment or an hourly rate that has not yet been approved by both the Business Office and Human Resources.
Please notify Payroll of your intent to hire at least 2 weeks prior to the employee’s expected start date. The hire process can take several days to complete.
What to Expect:
- Every employee is required by IU Policy and State and Federal law to complete the following prior to employment:
- Form I-9 Employment Verification
- Background Check
- Employment Application
- Once the hire has been completed and approved by Human Resources, the Payroll Department will send a welcome email to the employee and supervisor.
The Supervisor Role:
It is the responsibility of the supervisor to ensure the employee’s time is entered correctly into Kuali Time. This includes correcting missed punches, missing time, and 24-hour time blocks.
- Supervisors are required to approve timesheets by Tuesday at 12:00 p.m. on the payroll week.
- Payroll will issue reminders for timesheet approvals. View the Payroll calendar here.
- Timesheets that are auto approved will require a note of approval on each timesheet.
Kuali Time Information and Training Opportunities:
End of Employment:
- If employment has ended, send the following information to email@example.com
- Employee’s Name
- Employee’s University ID Number
- Position to be Terminated or Record Number
- Date of Termination
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact JSoM Payroll at firstname.lastname@example.org. The payroll offices are located within the Simon Music Center. 200 S. Eagleson Ave, Bloomington IN 47405.