An event's type determines which halls it is eligible for and for how long (see Event Policies), as well as when it can occur (see Dates and Deadlines). The info below provides basic definitions and clarifications about our event types. If you are not certain what event type an event falls into, contact the Scheduling Office and we can provide guidance.
Our event types are as follows:
- Major Ensembles
- Small Ensembles: e.g. Harp Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble. This event type frequently overlaps with Student Chamber Music Recital.
- Faculty Recital
- Guest Recital
- Guest Lecture: deadline only applies in JSoM performance halls, not in non-hall spaces
- Guest Masterclass:
- Can be either internal event or public event
- No semester deadline for Guest Masterclasses. However, if the guest is also giving a recital, please note that Guest Recitals do have a deadline.
- Studio Recital: recital for students in a particular faculty studio (i.e. Recital for Students of Prof. ___)
- Class Recital: recital for students enrolled in a particular class (e.g. Lyric English Diction Class Recital)
- Department Recital: recital for students from multiple faculty studios within a department (e.g. Recital for Students of Prof. ___ and Prof. ___)
- Student Chamber Music Recital: faculty-sponsored or department-sponsored recital for one or more student chamber groups. Distinct from student recitals, which are not sponsored by faculty/departments.
- Competition: e.g. JSoM concerto competitions