The Lecture Committee invites the Jacobs School of Music community to submit suggestions for guest lecturers for the academic year and beyond. The candidates should be scholars, performers, composers, or other significant figures in the music world whose presence at IU will attract the broadest possible audience and enliven our academic and musical dialogue.
Proposals will be solicited via an email to all JSoM faculty twice per year, once in the fall and once in the spring. Proposals submitted after each deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Submissions should include the following information:
- Your name, department, and email.
- The name and area of expertise of the proposed lecturer, as well as a short bio.
- The name(s) of other faculty and departments who have agreed to be involved.
- Dates of the proposed lecture(s), if known.
- Descriptions of all proposed events.
- A proposed budget (including honorarium and estimated travel/lodging expenses).
If you have questions, please feel free to contact any member of the lecture committee:
- Lauren Kapalka Richerme (2021-2023)
- Anne Epperson (2022-2024)
- Giovanni Zanovello (2022-2024)