Faculty are required to report their teaching, service, and research/creative activities for the preceding calendar year by January 15 of each spring semester. IU uses Digital Measures Activity Insight (DMAI) for this faculty reporting process. Faculty can access their DMAI at any time during the year and are encouraged to update their activities regularly.
DMAI Overview for JSoM Faculty
The information entered in the DMAI is reviewed by your department chair and by the Dean. The Research and Creative Activity section is of upmost importance as this information is considered in making salary recommendations and is aggregated for reports to the campus.
Please note that there is a box to check if an entry has a diversity component or if it involved civic engagement.
All information for the preceding calendar year should be entered into the DMAI by January 15. There is no submit button. Once you enter the information, it will appear in the report. There is a “save” button on some screens.
- Personal and Contact – check and add or update as needed. (For changes to locked sections, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Biography and Expertise – enter biography if you choose – this is optional.
- Unit Affiliation - auto filled at the campus level
- Prior Work Experience – you can add information here if you choose.
- IU Appointment Data – auto filled at the campus level
- Awards and Honors – enter any awards and honors you have received as well as those of your students.
- Education – enter this information.
- Professional Development – enter an activities related to education and training that received – not that you presented.
- Media Appearances and Interviews – enter any of these where you were invited to share your expertise.
- Professional Memberships – enter any organizations, associations, societies etc., to which you belong.
- Directed Learning – enter any graduate committees on which you serve(d). You received a list of these from the graduate office.
- Non-Credit Instruction Taught – enter any teaching that you did this past year at other institutions, summer teaching elsewhere, etc., including masterclasses and residencies. You can also enter information for any supervision of teaching at the JSoM.
- Courses – auto fill. Check to see that they are correct. If there are courses in this section that you did not teach (e.g., a course for which you supervised an AI), please check the box “Exclude from Reports.”
- Teaching Innovation and Curriculum Development – enter any course that you developed or revised, or curriculum that you developed or revised.
- Artistic and Professional Performances and Exhibits – this is the section where all of your performances should be entered (on and off campus).
- Contracts, Fellowships, Grants – enter any grants or fellowships you have received.
- Publications/Scholarship of Discovery – this section is for written scholarly publications, as well as for compositions and recordings.
- Presentations – enter off-campus lectures, guest lectures, adjudication, etc. here. Be sure to indicate under area whether it should be considered as creative activity, teaching, service or other.
- Works in Progress – Any project that you are working on – this is the place to enter recording projects, books, articles, editions, etc. that are in progress.
- Enter appropriate activities for each of the given categories (Instituional Service, Professional Service, Public Service, Clinical Service).
Please contact Sherri Bishop if you have any questions.